“Travel to camp for weekend programs will be arranged while making your reservation.
Traveling to camp for summer camp
Camp Emerald Bay Loading Instructions for Summer Participants
- From LA on the Southbound 110 Harbor Freeway you’ll exit right (South) on Harbor Blvd.
- Turn left at First street traffic signal to enter parking lot (First Street) IOWA parking.
- Cross tracks then turn right and follow parking lot entrance driveway.
- Go straight towards the big white tent.
- By the tent, QUICKLY drop all Scouts and equipment off there.
- Driver continues and parks the vehicle in the lot (approximately $20/day)
- When the driver rejoins the group, follow the walk on the Harbor Blvd. side of the white tent to the boarding area, approximately 352 feet.
- The dock from which we load is located between the Fire Station and the Maritime Museum. These docks do not show up in Google maps or Google Earth
- Line up by troop along the rail at the first boarding gate.
- Wait patiently to be checked in by camp staff.
- Once checked, the troop will board the boat.
- Once a boat is near, or at capacity it will leave, and next boat will be loaded.
- Current check in time is 7:30 AM
- IF you are running late have a passenger call camp at 310-510-1795 and give your troop number and an ETA.
Additional Note: Lunch will be served in camp. Because of the new schedule you no longer need to bring your own lunch. “